PROJECT COORDINATOR – Liquidator Contracting Division
Blasters, Inc. was founded in 1975 and continues to be on the cutting edge of water blasting paint and rubber removal from roadways and airport runways, as well as, manufacturing equipment, parts sales and rentals. Blasters, Inc. has a long history of financial strength, quality, safety and unwavering commitment to client satisfaction. We are seeking a Project Coordinator with similar values, who can put his or her expertise to work. This professional will be responsible for overseeing multiple projects at once, and serving as the representative at each worksite in dealings with prime contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, customers, and government inspectors. He or she will be expected to ensure compliance with all federal and state procedures, regulations, and codes, and present progress updates to appropriate management channels on a regular basis. With each project, this individual is counted on to drive the innovation and safety we are known for.
Job Description Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct report to the Vice President of Liquidator Sales.
- Oversee and make decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Oversee work of contracting crews to promote coordinated project operations. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Manage the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Blasters Inc. standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Supervise and develop contracting crew leaders including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Create schedules and determine work crews and logistics. Monitor and compliance with DOT CDL driver laws. Develop and implement recovery strategies to maintain project schedule.
- Communicate with owners and architects/engineers in connections with field issues. Investigate and resolve such issues.
- Manage the billing process as it relates to Work and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, and invoices.
- Manage the work to ensure that it conforms to the approved contract documents of quality, quantity and specifications. Oversee the weekly maintenance and deficiencies of the equipment and vehicle fleet for projects.
- Monitor contract to ensure successful production rates, proper expense management and maximization of operating profits are being accomplished.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of four years’ related experience, training and/or experience.
- Must come from a contractor’s background and have experience directly supervising crews that are self-performing the work.
- Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings specifications, scopes of work and project schedules. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Not required, but helpful, bilingual (English/Spanish)
- A Plus to have relationships with Florida Vendors, Subcontractors and Trades (min 5 years).
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction, climb safely in and out of truck cabs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. Construction environment so the project coordinator position involves contracting work on weekdays, some weekends and nights.
- Ideal candidate would possess the following attributes, personality and work ethic: High level communicator both verbal and written, Proactive, Driven, Problem Solver, Resourceful, Thinks outside of the box, Friendly, Assertive, Persuasive and strong human skills, mathematically proficient, mechanically savvy.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; inactive roadways; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to loud.
Salary based on qualifications and career experience, Competitive Benefits
Blasters, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Blasters, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace and runs complete background checks on all candidates. Must hold a valid driver’s license without multiple moving violations. Must have reliable transportation to and from work.